Ventless Fireplace Fuel (Pourable)

  1. Gel Fuel is flammable. Failure to follow warnings can result in property damage, serious burns or death.
  2. Do not attempt to refuel a unit that is already burning. Pouring any kind of fuel on a fire can result in flare-ups or flashbacks. Make sure the fire is out and allow the unit to cool for 20 minutes before refueling.
  3. Use only Real Flame® ventless gel fuel in the approved Real Flame unit. Do not use with any other fuel or flammable material.
  4. Do not store or use gasoline or other flammable materials, including gel fuel, near this product. Vapors or leaks from these types of items could travel to sources of flame or heat and increase the risk of fire or explosion.
  5. Burn only Real Flame® Ventless Fireplace gel in the Real Flame approved product. Never burn trash, paper, wood,or any other fuel in the unit.
  6. The fuel is not for use by anyone below the age of 18. Keep away from children and pets.
  7. Make sure the fireplace is placed on a flat and level service. Otherwise, the unit could tip easily and start a fire that could damage property or cause serious injury.
  8. Never add fuel to a fire or pour on hot surfaces; doing so could cause flare-ups or flashbacks that could burn someone.
  9. Light Real Flame ventless gel fuel only when it has been poured into a Real Flame approved burn cup or trough. Do not overfill. Wipe up spills. Then use a long match or extended butane lighter to ignite fuel.
  10. Never leave a burning fire unattended, especially around children or pets.
  11. Never touch any metal surfaces during or immediately after burning gel fuel. They will be extremely HOT. Allow surfaces to cool for 20 minutes before touching burn cups or troughs and or moving the unit.
  12. Do not wear flammable or loose clothing when operating the fireplace or fire column.
  13. Exercise the same precautions you would with any open fire.

Hazards Identification

  • Eye/Ocular: Vapors cause eye irritation. Splashes can cause possible corneal burns and eye damage. Symptoms may include stinging, tearing, and redness.
  • Skin/Dermal: Exposure may cause mild skin irritation. Prolonged/repeated exposure may dry the skin. Symptoms may include redness, burning, drying and cracking, and skin burns.
  • Swallowing/Ingestion: Nausea, vomiting, drowsiness, abdominal pain, headache, and dizziness. Ingestion may also cause diarrhea, unconsciousness, and possibly death.
  • Inhalation: Irritation of respiratory tract. Exposure to high vapor concentrations may cause dizziness, drowsiness, headache, staggering, unconsciousness, and possibly death.
  • Symptoms of Exposure: Nausea, abdominal pain, vomiting headache, visual disturbance, drowsiness, blindness, coma or death.

First Aid Measures

  • Eyes: Flush eyes with large amounts of water for 15 minutes while holding eyelids open. If symptoms persist or there is any visual difficulty seek medical attention.
  • Skin: Remove contaminated clothing. Wash exposed area with soap and water for 15 minutes. If symptoms continue seek medical attention.
  • Swallowing: DO NOT INDUCE VOMITING. If the victim is conscious and not convulsing, give 1 or 2 glasses of water to dilute the chemical and immediately seek medical attention. If the victim is convulsing or unconscious, do not give anything by mouth, and immediately seek medical attention.
  • Inhalation: Move individual away from exposure and into fresh air. If symptoms persist, seek medical attention. If breathing is difficult, administer CPR or oxygen. Keep person warm and quiet; seek medical attention.

Fire Fighting Measures

  • Extinguishing Media: CO2, Foam, Dry Chemical
  • Fire and Explosion Hazard: Vapors formed from this product may travel or be moved by air currents and ignited by any spark or flame. Sensitive to static discharge. Do not use heat or flame around closed containers; containers may explode and scatter burning gel.
  • Fire Fighting Instructions: Wear full protective clothing and self-contained breathing apparatus. Water spray can be used to extinguish fires and cool fire exposed containers. Water may be used to flush spills away from exposures and dilute spills to non-flammable mixtures.

Listed Fire Data is for Pure Isopropyl Alcohol

Accidental Release Measures

  • Small Spill: Absorb spill on vermiculite paper. Remove from all ignition sources. Make sure there is adequate ventilation.
  • Clean area with water until all material is absorbed and removed.
  • Large Spill: Eliminate all ignition sources. Ventilate area. Wear appropriate protective equipment. Contain and recover liquid into an appropriate container and absorb excess with vermiculite paper. Dispose of in accordance with Federal, State or local ordinances.

Handling and Storage

  • Handling: Keep away from heat flame and sparks. Avoid breathing vapors. Avoid contact with skin, wash thoroughly after handling. Keep away from children. Place can in fireplace before lighting, and keep away from combustibles.
  • DO NOT TAKE INTERNALLY.
  • Storage: Containers should be stored away from flame, heat or other ignition sources. Store in a cool dry place (40-120°F, 4-49°C). Provide adequate ventilation. Keep container closed when not in use.

Exposure Controls/Personal Protection

  • Precautionary Labeling: CAUTION: FLAMMABLE… Keep away from children. Do not use near fire or heat.
  • Eye Protection: Avoid eye contact. Wear safety goggles or face shield where splashing is possible.
  • Skin Protection: Avoid contact with skin. Wear impervious clothing. Do not remove gel from container.
  • Respiratory Protection: Not required unless exposed to high concentrations above approved guidelines