Gel Fuel Fireplaces
Gel Fuel is flammable. Failure to follow warnings can result in property damage or serious burns.
Do not attempt to refuel a unit that is already burning. Pouring any kind of fuel on a fire or on a hot surface can cause flare-ups or flashbacks that could burn someone. Make sure the fire is out and allow the unit to cool for 20 minutes before refueling.
Use only Real Flame® gel fuel cans in the unit. Do not use with any other fuel or flammable material.
Do not store or use gasoline or other flammable materials, including gel fuel, near this product. Vapors or leaks from these types of items could travel to sources of flame or heat and increase the risk of fire or explosion.
- Burn only Real Flame® 13oz Gel Cans in this fireplace. Never burn trash, paper, wood,or any other fuel in the unit.
- The fireplace should not be operated by anyone below age 18. Keep away from children and pets.
- Make sure the fireplace is placed on a flat and level service. Otherwise, the unit could tip easily and start a fire that could damage property or cause serious injury. Do not place fireplace in an area with lots of traffic, such as a hallway or entryway.
- WARNING Never alter or dismantle the fireplace, metal firebox or logset in any manner.
- Do not pour or scoop gel out of the can into any other container or try to combine gel from different cans. Never add fuel to a fire or pour on hot surfaces; doing so could cause flare-ups or flashbacks that could burn someone. Light Real Flame gel fuel only when cans are placed in the designated area in the metal firebox. Do not burn more than three cans at a time. Wipe up spills. Then use a long match or extended butane lighter to ignite fuel.
- Never burn gel fuel cans outside the designated burn area in the metal firebox. Do not burn more than three cans of fuel at any time.
- Do not try to combine gel from different cans.
- Never leave a burning fire unattended, especially around children or pets.
- Never touch any metal surfaces during or immediately after burning gel fuel. They will be extremely HOT. Allow surfaces to cool for 20 minutes before touching, changing cans, or moving the unit.
- Do not wear flammable or loose clothing when operating the fireplace or fire column.
- Do not place more than 100 lbs. of weight on top of the fireplace at anytime.
- Exercise the same precautions you would with any open fire.
Using your Gel Fuel Fireplace
Fireplace is designed to be used indoors in ventilated areas.
Before using any fireplace, be sure you have read and understood the step-by-step instructions in the manual.
After several burns, residue may develop on the inside of the firebox. Clean with a damp soapy rag.
During the initial burn you may experience a slight odor. That odor is temporary and will be absent on following burns.
When burning a gel fireplace, use the same care you’d use with any open fire.
Real Flame® Gel Fuel contains isopropyl alcohol.
Avoid contact with eyes, mucous membranes or prolonged contact with skin. May irritate eyes.
If fuel gets in eyes, flush with water for 15 minutes; get medical attention. If ingested, do not induce vomiting; call poison control center or a doctor.
Canned Gel Fuel - Safety data sheet available on request.Hazard statements
- Highly flammable liquid and vapor.
- Causes serious eye irritation.
- May cause drowsiness or dizziness.
- 70.0% by mass of the contents are flammable.
- Keep out of the reach of children under 18.
- If medical advice is needed, have product container or label at hand.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Read label before use. NEVER POUR THE FUEL IN THE CAN INTO ANY OTHER CONTAINER
- Keep away from heat/sparks/open flames/hot surfaces. - No smoking.
- Use explosion-proof electrical/ventilating/lighting/equipment.
- Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapors/spray.
- Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
- Ground/bond container and receiving equipment.
- Keep container tightly closed.
- Use only non-sparking tools.
- Take precautionary measures against static discharge.
- Wash thoroughly after handling.
- Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area.
- IF ON SKIN (or hair): Remove/Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/shower.
- IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
- IF INHALED: Remove victim to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing.
- Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician if you feel unwell.
- If eye irritation persists: Get medical advice/attention.
- In case of fire: Use for extinction: CO2, powder or water spray.
- Store locked up.
- Store in a well-ventilated place. Keep container tightly closed. . Keep container cool.
- Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local/regional/national/international